Box Office: Independence Day: Resurgence Disappoints
Finding Dory remains at top place in this weekend Nord America Box Office with $73.2 million.
Independence Day: Resurgence performed well under expectations with only $41.6 million, falling very far short of its $165 million budget.
The Shallows, featuring Blake Lively, did very well in his first week with $16.7 million…which is almost the movie budget of $17 million.
However, Free State of Jones, the new Civil War drama starring Matthew McConaughey, didn’t enjoy the same level of success, underperforming with just $7.8 million.
Here’s this weekend top 10:
1. Finding Dory: $73.2 mllion
2. Independence Day: Resurgence: $41.6 million
3. Central Intelligence: $18.4 million
4. The Shallows: $16.7 million
5. Free State of Jones: $7.8 million
6. The Conjuring 2: $7.7 million
7. Now You See Me 2: $5.7 million
8. X-Men: Apocalypse: $2.5 million
9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows: $2.4 million
10. Alice Through the Looking Glass: $2.1 million