Box Office: Ghostbusters Failed
Ghostbusters failed to grab the first place at this week North American box office.
The movie only earned $46 million during his opening weekend, which is very low considering the $144 million budget.
The Secret Life of Pets remains in top spot for a second straight week with $50.6 million.
With $445.5 million so far, Finding Dory is now the highest-grossing animated feature film of all time in North America. That puts Dory ahead of Shrek 2 ($441.2 million), The Lion King ($422.8 million), Toy Story 3 ($415 million), and Frozen ($400.7 million).
Here’s this weekend top 10:
1. The Secret Life of Pets: $50.6 mllion
2. Ghostbusters: $46 million
3. The Legend of Tarzan: $11.1 million
4. Finding Dory: $11 million
5. Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates: $7.5 million
6. The Purge: Election Year: $6.1 million
7. Central Intelligence: $5.3 million
8. The Infiltrator: $5.3 million
9. The BFG: $3.7 million
10. Independence Day: Resurgence: $3.5 million